Terms & Conditions
E&OE – Errors and Omissions Excepted. If a mistake has been made in an invoice through arithmetic or incorrect charge rate application we reserve the right to correct this and ask you to pay the difference. If we have over-charged you by mistake we undertake to correct the invoice and refund you the difference.
- A Registration Charge of GBP65 is payable once per course in addition to your weekly course and accommodation fees. This covers local meeting on arrival, local transfer at the end of your course, drinks during your breaks, school course materials, and other expenses connected with your course and accommodation.
- Course Deposit : You must pay a course deposit of GBP£ 300 with your application form (deducted from your final balance payment).
- Accommodation Deposit : If you are booking a Kingsway apartment you must also pay a deposit of GBP£ 495 (one week) with your application (deducted from your final balance payment).
- You must pay the balance 3 weeks before your course begins.
- If your course begins in less than 3 weeks you must pay 100% in advance.
- If you need a visa to enter the UK you must pay 100% of your total fees in advance. If you do not receive your visa we will refund all of your money, less any bank and postal (DHL) charges.
- Currently there is no VAT tax on English language courses or accommodation, and Kingsway is therefore not registered for VAT tax.
Lessons & General
- Lessons take place from 09h00 – 16h45 Monday – Friday. If you have chosen a 15 or 22.5 hour course your lessons will not be all of these hours.
- Lesson times are 9h00-10h30, 10h45-12h15, 13h30-15h00 and 15h15-16h45 Monday to Friday
- Monday Lunch buffet takes place between 12h15 – 13h00 on Mondays. Your lunch is included in the course fees. There is no refund if you miss the lunch for any reason. Please note on Bank Holiday Mondays when the school is closed a buffet lunch will be provided on the Tuesday
- Social breaks take place at 10h30 and 15h00 daily.
- The minimum age of students is 25 years. There is no maximum. The typical age range is 30 – 65 years.
- Complete beginners are only accepted on One-to-One courses.
- Courses begin every Monday except for 2 weeks at Christmas when the school is closed and are subject to availability.
- Airport Shuttle transfers are only available by “pre-booking” with your course application as we have to manage passenger numbers with the taxi company operating the service on our behalf. We regret that we cannot accept requests for the shuttle within 2 weeks of the travel date in any event. You can book a regular Kingsway driver taxi transfer within 2 weeks of travel but this will be “subject to availability” from the driving team.
- Insurance cover is provided for school premises and vehicles. We strongly recommend that you arrange your own insurance for your possessions, cancellation and medical expenses. Please see our section on cancellation charges below.
- If you choose to join a social programme evening activity which includes a pub or restaurant meal, we cannot give you any refund for homestay meals missed.
- During your stay at Kingsway you may be included in photographs to be used in brochures, on the website or in other media. If you do not want to be shown in any pictures please let us know on your first day at school.
- We expect all students to obey the rules of the school and the laws of the United Kingdom, to respect the Kingsway staff and fellow students, and to behave in an acceptable manner at all times. If you do not we may ask you to leave the school immediately without any refund of tuition or accommodation fees.
- Students who have not paid, or sent a company purchase order, before the start of their course will not be permitted to join their class until this has been received. We really enjoy giving you the service you have booked and we think it is fair that paying us on time is a reasonable request in return.
Public Holidays & Christmas 2019
- Open Public Holidays 2019 : On Friday 19th April (Good Friday), Monday 6th May (Early May Bank Holiday), and Monday 27th May (Spring Bank Holiday) the school will be open and there will be lessons as normal.
- Closed Public Holidays 2019 : On Monday 22nd April (Easter Monday) and Monday 26th August (Summer Bank Holiday) the school will be closed and there will be no lessons. For these 2 weeks we will be offering a 20% reduction in tuition fees for students on full-time (30 hour) courses. For students on 15 hour and 22.5 hour course we will make up the lesson hours in the afternoons of the same week.
- Closed for Christmas 2019 : The school will be closed for 2 weeks from Saturday 21st December 2019 to Sunday 5th January 2020 inclusive. No courses will be running. Courses will re-start on Monday 6th January 2020.
Weekend Course Accommodation
Because the “Power Pack” programme takes place over the weekend there are special rules regarding your accommodation and how it is charged :
- If you take the Power Pack with a regular Kingsway course your homestay accommodation is added to your normal course – extra days are charged “pro-rata”.
- If you take a Power Pack course by itself there is a minimum homestay accommodation charge of 3 nights at the appropriate rate. This covers the weekend, from arrival on a Friday to departure on a Monday.
- If you choose to stay in a hotel you just pay for the appropriate number of nights in the hotel.
Cancellations / Changes
- Before your course begins we will refund all of the money we have received from you less any expenses incurred by us. We always try to minimise these expenses, however we may need to make compensation payments as well as paying postage and similar charges.
- After your course has started we do not refund any money. In the case of your critical illness or a close family critical illness or death we will usually offer you a credit for any unused part of your course and accommodation to use at any time in the future. In this case any credit offered is at the discretion of the school. We strongly recommend you take out insurance to cover cancellation if you do not want to be subject to this condition.
- If you cancel your course 1 week or less before it starts we will automatically pay the homestay family one week in compensation
- If you want to change homestay at any time after you arrive we require 1 whole week’s notice from the following weekend (or payment instead)
- If you have booked a Kingsway apartment and you cancel your booking less than 3 weeks before your course begins we will not refund any accommodation money to you unless we can sell the apartment to another person.
- If you have booked a hotel and you want to change or cancel your hotel reservation the contract is between you and the hotel so you will have to observe the hotel’s cancellation policy.
Book Your Kingsway Course..
Come and experience Kingsway English Centre for yourself. If you would like to learn English with other friendly adults you will find the Kingsway experience perfect!