Terms & Conditions
E&OE – Errors and Omissions Excepted. If a mistake has been made in an invoice through arithmetic or incorrect charge rate application we reserve the right to correct this and ask you to pay the difference. If we have over-charged you by mistake we undertake to correct the invoice and refund you the difference.
- A Registration Charge of GBP65 is payable once per course in addition to your weekly course and accommodation fees. This covers local meeting on arrival, local transfer at the end of your course, drinks during your breaks, school course materials, and other expenses connected with your course and accommodation.
- Course Deposit : You must pay a course deposit of GBP£ 300 with your application form (deducted from your final balance payment).
- Accommodation Deposit : If you are booking a Kingsway apartment you must also pay a deposit of GBP£ 495 (one week) with your application (deducted from your final balance payment).
- You must pay the balance 3 weeks before your course begins.
- If your course begins in less than 3 weeks you must pay 100% in advance.
- If you need a visa to enter the UK you must pay 100% of your total fees in advance. If you do not receive your visa we will refund all of your money, less any bank and postal (DHL) charges.
- Currently there is no VAT tax on English language courses or accommodation, and Kingsway is therefore not registered for VAT tax.
Lessons & General
- Lessons take place from 09h00 – 16h45 Monday – Friday. If you have chosen a 15 or 22.5 hour course your lessons will not be all of these hours. Every Tuesday your teacher will be absent from your class for 15 minutes between 12h00-12h15 to attend a meeting to discuss your progress with the Academic Manager
- Monday Lunch buffet takes place between 12h15 – 13h00 on Mondays. Your lunch is included in the course fees. There is no refund if you miss the lunch for any reason. Please note on Bank Holiday Mondays when the school is closed (17th April and 28th August 2017) a buffet lunch will be provided on the Tuesday
- Social breaks take place at 10h30 and 15h00 daily.
- The minimum age of students is 25 years. There is no maximum. The typical age range is 30 – 65 years.
- Complete beginners are only accepted on One-to-One courses.
- Courses begin every Monday except for 2 weeks at Christmas when the school is closed and are subject to availability.
- Insurance cover is provided for school premises and vehicles. We strongly recommend that you arrange your own insurance for your possessions, cancellation and medical expenses. Please see our section on cancellation charges below.
- If you choose to join the Social Programme evening activities which include a pub or restaurant meal, we cannot give you any refund for Homestay meals missed.
- Publicity Materials : Please be advised that during your stay at Kingsway you may be included in photographs which may be used in publicising the school either in brochures, on the website or in other media. If you do not want to be shown in any pictures please let us know on your first day at school. We will assume your consent unless you tell us otherwise.
- Student Behaviour : We expect all students to obey the rules of the school, obey the laws of the United Kingdom, to respect their fellow students and the Kingsway staff, and to behave in an acceptable manner at all times. In the event of the failure in any of these areas we reserve the right to ask you to leave the school immediately. All fees will be forfeited and you will be liable yourself for any onward travel, accommodation and other costs.
- Unpaid Invoices : Students who have not paid, or sent a company purchase order, before the start of their course will not be permitted to join their class until this has been received. Chasing unpaid invoices is very expensive and time consuming. We think you would prefer that we put our energy into giving you a great experience rather than chasing money for those services. We really enjoy giving you the service you have booked and we think it is fair that paying us on time is a reasonable request in return.
Public Holidays & Christmas 2017
- Open Public Holidays 2017 : On Friday 14th April (Good Friday), Monday 1st May (Early May Bank Holiday), and Monday 29th May (Spring Bank Holiday) the school will be open and there will be lessons as normal.
- Closed Public Holidays 2017 : On Monday 17th April (Easter Monday) and Monday 28th August (Summer Bank Holiday) the school will be closed and there will be no lessons. For these 2 weeks we will be offering a 20% reduction in tuition fees for students on full-time (30 hour) courses. For students on 15 hour and 22.5 hour course we will make up the lesson hours in the afternoons of the same week.
- Trips on Closed Public Holidays 2017 : On the above 2 Mondays there will be an optional full-day trip excursion available at a cost of GBP50 per person, payable at time of booking. Places will be limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. If you do not want to go on the trip you can arrange your own activities for that day.
- Closed for Christmas 2017 : The school will be closed for 2 weeks from Saturday 16th December 2017 to Monday 1st January 2018 inclusive. No courses will be running. Courses will re-start on Tuesday 2nd January 2018. This will be a 20% tuition fee discount week.
Public Holidays & Christmas 2018
- Open Public Holidays 2018 : On Friday 30th March (Good Friday), Monday 7th May (Early May Bank Holiday), and Monday 28th May (Spring Bank Holiday) the school will be open and there will be lessons as normal.
- Closed Public Holidays 2018 : On Monday 2nd April (Easter Monday) and Monday 27th August (Summer Bank Holiday) the school will be closed and there will be no lessons. For these 2 weeks we will be offering a 20% reduction in tuition fees for students on full-time (30 hour) courses. For students on 15 hour and 22.5 hour course we will make up the lesson hours in the afternoons of the same week.
- Trips on Closed Public Holidays 2018 : On the above 2 Mondays there will be an optional full-day trip excursion available at a cost of GBP50 per person, payable at time of booking. Places will be limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. If you do not want to go on the trip you can arrange your own activities for that day.
- Closed for Christmas 2018 : The school will be closed for 2 weeks from Saturday 22nd December 2018 to Sunday 6th January 2019 inclusive. No courses will be running. Courses will re-start on Monday 7th January 2019.
Weekend Course Accommodation
Because the “Power Pack” programme takes place over the weekend there are special rules regarding your accommodation and how it is charged :
- If you take the Power Pack with a regular Kingsway course your homestay accommodation is added to your normal course – extra days are charged “pro-rata”.
- If you take a Power Pack course by itself there is a minimum homestay accommodation charge of 3 nights at the appropriate rate. This covers the weekend, from arrival on a Friday to departure on a Monday.
- If you choose to stay in a hotel you just pay for the appropriate number of nights in the hotel.
- Kingsway Apartments – if you want complete independence and time to focus on your work objectives, then a serviced apartment may be for you.
Cancellations / Changes
- Tuition Fees >> Before your course begins we will refund all of the money we have received from you less any expenses incurred by us. We always try to minimise these expenses, however we may need to make payments in compensation on your behalf, as well as paying for DHL courier and similar charges.
- Tuition Fees >> After your course has started we do not refund any money. In the case of your critical illness or a close family critical illness or death we will usually offer you a credit for any unused part of your course and accommodation to use at any time in the future. In this case any credit offered is at the discretion of the school. We strongly recommend you take out insurance to cover cancellation if you do not want to be subject to this condition.
- Accommodation >> Homestay : If you cancel your course 1 week or less before it starts we will automatically pay the homestay family one week in compensation
- Accommodation >> Change of Homestay : If you want to change homestay at any time after you arrive we require 1 whole week’s notice from the following weekend (or payment instead)
- Accommodation >> Kingsway Serviced Apartments : If you cancel your booking less than 3 weeks before your course begins we will not refund any accommodation money to you unless we can sell the apartment to another person.
- Accommodation >> Hotel : if you want to change or cancel your hotel reservation the contract is between you and the hotel so you will have to observe the hotel’s cancellation policy.