Kingsway HomestaysStaying with a homestay (or host family) is an excellent way of maximising your English language learning opportunities at the same time as having comfortable accommodation and experiencing English lifestyle. Many of our students also find that they become close friends with their hosts and that they stay in touch for years afterwards. We know of many hosts who have visited their ex-students in their home countries.
Please read our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for more information on our homestays, including connecting to the internet with your own laptop computer.
Interesting facts about Host families
- Most are non-smokers (about 90%)
- Most have pets (usually a cat or dog)
- Most turn off the central heating at night (even in winter!)
- Many are single adult households with or without children
- All have their main meal (dinner) in the evenings during the week.
- All live within the city limits from 10 to 40 mins walk (or a short bus-ride) but distance is the least important factor when choosing a family!
- All are friendly and welcoming and look forward to hosting our students